These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the Digital Registration Portal by any customer of the Services (as defined below).
GraceKennedy Money Services (“GKMS”) is the operating name for a group of companies which operate and offer various services including:
remittances services through its affiliates GraceKennedy Remittance Services Limited, GraceKennedy (T&T) Limited and GraceKennedy Remittance Services (Guyana) Limited
cambio services through its affiliates GraceKennedy Currency Trading Services Limited, GraceKennedy (T&T) Limited and GraceKennedy Remittance Services (Guyana) Limited; and
payment processing services through its affiliates GraceKennedy Payment Services Limited, GraceKennedy (T&T) Limited and GraceKennedy Remittance Services (Guyana) Limited.
Collectively referred to hereafter as “the Services”.
In order to improve the Services and reduce the time for processing the Services GKMS has set up a Digital Registration Portal (“the Portal and/or the Website”), operated by GraceKennedy Remittance Services Limited, through which customers (existing and potential) may register to use any of the Services. The terms and conditions contained herein are specific to the use of the Portal (hereafter referred to as “the Portal Terms & Conditions or PTC”). IF there is any conflict between the PTC and the Terms and Conditions of any of the Services, the Terms and Conditions of the Services shall prevail.
The PTC are subject to change at any time by GKMS in its sole and absolute discretion. You will be notified of any changes to the PTC by email.
In order to use the Portal you will be required to provide:
- a valid email address which you are authorized to use;
- a valid telephone number;
- a valid alternate telephone number (optional);
- valid forms of Government issued identification;
- your name;
- your gender;
- your marital status;
- your country of birth;
- residential address;
- employment status; and
- The email and password information supplied by you during the registration process will be the login credentials (“the Credentials”) used to access the Portal. By agreeing to the PTC you agree to keep the Credentials confidential as any activity/transaction entered into using the Credentials shall be deemed to be valid by GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, and you agree not to pursue and/or initiate any claim against GKMS and/or its affiliates for any such activity/transaction.
- No employee of GKMS, its agents, affiliates, service providers, employees and/or servants should contact you in any medium requesting the Credentials. In the event that you are contacted by, inter alia, anyone claiming to be from GKMS, or any of its affiliate companies, service providers and/or regulators do not provide them with the Credentials and contact us immediately.
- You acknowledge that all the information provided by you is accurate and complete. If any of your personal information changes, becomes inaccurate (e.g. relocation of residence) or becomes out of date (e.g. expired Driver’s Licence) you are obliged to notify us of any such changes so that we can update our records.
- GKMS, its affiliates and/or service providers, will not be liable for any loss arising as a result of incorrect/expired personal information provided by you to GKMS.
- GKMS may suspend the use/your use of the Portal at any time and for any reason. You agree to be notified of any such interruption whether by telephone, electronic message or by a notification at the time of activity on the Portal.
- All registrations done through the Portal are subject to verification procedures by our Customer Service and Fraud Prevention teams.
- You agree that we may notify/contact you via any of the media provided by you in the Portal registration process and that any such notification shall be deemed valid. You further agree that any notification posted on the Portal shall also be deemed valid. Your continued use of the Portal will be deemed as your acceptance of any such notifications and/or changes to the PTC.
- GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, shall use commercially reasonable security procedures to ensure system security and integrity and to safeguard your data. By agreeing to the PTC you acknowledge that this standard is acceptable.
- GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, shall not be liable for any loss arising, directly or indirectly, out of the unavailability of the Portal from time to time.
GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, shall not be liable to you for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under the PTC if such delay or failure arises from any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to:
- industrial disturbances such as labour disputes, lock out or strikes;
- acts of God, floods, drought, lightning, hurricane, tropical storm, earthquake, epidemic or pandemic, or any other natural disaster;
- utility, communication, suppliers, sub-contractors or transportation non-performance, delays, interruptions or failures;
- casualty, war, acts of the public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, insurrections;
- embargoes, imposition of sanctions or blockages; and/or
- actions, restrictions, regulations, or orders of any government, governmental agency, public authority or subdivision thereof, or delays caused by such agencies.
- GKMS will necessarily have to share the information collected through the Portal with its affiliates and member companies. The sharing of such information is necessary for the functioning of the Portal, the Services and to ensure GKMS and its affiliates and member companies comply international and local legal and regulatory requirements. Your continued use of the Portal will be deemed as your consent to share your data throughout GKMS for the purposes of risk analysis, operating system analysis, security, promotions, fraud prevention, upgrades to the system and overall maintenance and ongoing improvement of the Portal.
- This Agreement shall become effective once accepted by the customer.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Jamaica and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jamaica.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- You agree that GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, shall be entitled to enter any photocopy, computer-generated copy, reproduction, tape recording or transcript of tape recording that GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, has of your communications with GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, into evidence in any legal proceeding as if it were an original document, and that such copy will be sufficient and valid proof of the information contained in it. For the protection of the parties and in order to avoid or correct misunderstandings, you understand, agree and authorize GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, at its discretion and without further prior notice to you, to monitor and record any or all telephone conversations or electronic communications between you and GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, and/or its/their employees, servant and/or agents.
- The records of GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies, shall be binding and deemed to be the best evidence of the transactions/activities carried out through the Portal or by any of the providers of any/all of the Services unless where there is clear proof that such records are inaccurate and/or incomplete AND such inaccuracy or incompleteness is due to the actions and/or actions of GKMS, its affiliates and/or member companies.
- By agreeing to the PTC terms conditions you agree to also be bound by the Terms and Conditions of any/all of the Services where applicable.
I have read and understood the above and agree to be bound by them.